Friday, December 7, 2012

More TGIF

I hadn't heard from E. in a few days (which was odd). Maybe he's back with the crooked old BF (or someone else), which is fine with me. (I'd been the last to call - twice - and got no answer or call-back, and thought the hell with that!) Well, when I got back to work from the doctor's, there was a message from him on my work phone. I called him back and no answer (no surprise). Then he called back - he just wanted to say TGIF and have a nice weekend. Kind of flaky. We also discussed the latest with the guest bath (which had incurred a lot of water damage).

I think, as of this week, all the damage has been done (at least for the time being), and next week I'll look into having an insurance claims adjuster come in and assess the damage (so I can maybe get paid for something). (Neighbor had leaking wax seal on toilet that was causing water to seep into my bathroom and cause damage from the floor up (into the drywall) - that was fixed this week.) (That was just the latest problem that has been fixed - there'd also been water seeping in from above and destroying the drywall in the ceiling and wall behind the shower head.)

After the adjuster has been here, I'll start getting things fixed. Good time of year for that - bonus time!
(First round of damage)

(Latest damage) (Toilet is gone, BTW - have new one waiting to be installed)
And -- in between the first round of damage and the latest damage (which was probably ongoing during the first round of damage), I myself was accused of causing damage to the floors below (from a faulty wax ring on my toilet and leaks in the tub enclosure). I'd known there was a slow leak coming from the old toilet tank and had a towel on the floor to absorb this. The plumber said the toilet should go (so I bought a new one and had the old one disconnected so as not to leak from the wax ring). The plumber also replaced the valve to the toilet tank (which I couldn't turn off), replaced the "cartridge" in the tub enclosure, replaced the tub faucet, and did necessary caulking. So I'm no longer leaking out of here myself (so I've been told by the management).

I used to use this bathroom for about everything (for various reasons). Now I use the master bath for everything. It's been a bit of an adjustment, especially when getting ready to go to work in the morning.

The guest bedroom adjacent to the guest bath is where my flatscreen TV and computer are, so I spend most of my non-sleeping time in this room (when not at work). (Can no longer watch the TV from the toilet, if the need arises.)

No comments:

Post a Comment