Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday night personal

Received this email from my doctor's office today:
Dear Patients,

As many of you may know, [my doctor's practice] was acquired by [a national healthcare foundation] on 09/01/2011. Since we are now working under the [foundation's] umbrella, our current insurance contracts will be changing from [my doctor's practice] to [the foundation]. This credentialing process can be a slow one. You might receive a letter from your insurance company stating that your doctor is no longer participating with your plan. We apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience this change may have caused.

Your care will not be interrupted, and you will still maintain access to your doctor. Please rest assured that this situation is simply due to contractual changes during this transition. Your providers ([my doctor and his associates]) will continue to provide you with the same high-quality medical care you have come to expect and appreciate.

We highly value our patients and welcome any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact our offices at _______________.

Sincerely,
_________________________
Practice Administrator
Yes, I received one of those letters a couple of weeks ago and called my doctor's office the following morning. I was in a state of shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment