Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nightmare!

Just woke up from a long, horrible nightmare in which both E. and I were fired from our jobs. (Phone alarm was also ringing - time to take some pills.)

I was working at a place somewhere on the grounds of an Episcopal church and day school. What my job was, I don't know, but I had volunteered to conduct a children's play featuring French songs and apparently they weren't happy with the job I was doing (among other things perhaps). They had reached the conclusion that my French language skills weren't good enough for me to have taken on this project, contrary to what I had led them to believe (I didn't even like working on the project; it was vapid and boring, and in reality - the reality of the dream, i.e. - I had bona fide credentials to undertake it). It appears they mistook my lack of enthusiasm for some kind of fraud on my part. (Or I thought maybe they were just using that as an excuse to fire me for some other reason - like I was costing them too much on their health insurance plan.) [Only in the USA!]

They didn't say I was fired; they just blocked me from coming in to work and had removed my personal possessions from my workspace. I think they even helped load them into my truck (in reality, I don't drive to work) and drove the truck off the premises, across a bridge. I asked them if they were firing me and, if so, why. They said they didn't have to offer any explanations and that if I didn't hear back from them within a month or so, I could assume I had lost my job. Meanwhile, E. was also on the premises (and I think was helping me load the truck) and said things weren't working out at his job either (doing what, I don't know) and he assumed he was "on [his] way out." Meanwhile I was being shunned by my supervisor and others. At one point, I was standing outside in a daze as all the WASPy-looking Episcopal children were frolicking around me.

It was very vivid (and long and complicated). So glad to wake up from that (and take my pills)!

No comments:

Post a Comment