Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday evening personal

Red Lobster is holding their Lobster Fest these days and last night I decided that today I would take part. I'd already gone online and picked out what I would be ordering (the "Lobster Lover's Dream," for $30.99). (There's a restaurant across and just down the street from here, a short walk.) I thought I'd go at an odd time to beat the crowd, so I left here at around 2:30.

Even at that time, people were waiting inside for tables. Since I was by myself, I decided to sit at the bar, which at that point was empty.  (By the time I left, at around 4:00, the bar was full and people were waiting outside to get in -- I overheard that it was a half-hour wait to get a table.)

I'm not a big Red Lobster fan and rarely go there, but I love lobster. I was raised on spiny lobster and actually prefer it to Maine lobster. Today, however, I had both, plus linguini Alfredo with shrimp, lobster and langostino. Started out with biscuits and a house salad with blue cheese dressing. The lobster was, as I expected, OK -- it satisfied my lobster craving. The spiny lobster had been broiled or roasted whole with all the meat lying exposed outside the shell. Came out kind of dry and tough. But it was fine dunked in drawn butter into which I'd squeezed fresh lemon. (The Maine lobster tail was split and roasted and was still pretty juicy.)

The linguini was very good. Ate the meat out of it first (was meaty). Didn't finish the pasta. (I'd already eaten two biscuits.) It also came with steamed broccoli. Ate all of that. Read magazines.

After dinner, I walked over to E.'s restaurant for a couple of cups of coffee. Had a nice, long visit. On the walk home, the intense late-afternoon sun had set the tabebuia ablaze, so I ran upstairs to get my camera. Still, the camera doesn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment